HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Policy – Overview, Third Party, Comprehensive, Add On’s, Zero Depreciation, Claim, Cashless Charges, Renewal, and Premium.
About HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
HDFC ERGO is an alliance between General Insurance Company Limited, HDFC Limited, and ERGO International AG. ERGO is part of Munich Re-Group, a German company with 49% of the shares. HDFC (Housing Development Corporation), on the other hand, owns a majority of 51% of holdings. The joint venture was established in 2002.
This company is often considered a public company. However, it is classified as an Indian NGO.
HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products on the market. Retail products such as car insurance, medical insurance, travel insurance, accident insurance, and home insurance were provided.
The list does not end there. HDFC ERGO introduced a variety of products, ranging from rural products such as crop insurance and Grameen protection insurance to commercial products such as liability insurance, engineering insurance, and property insurance.
The company, of course, is one of the big names in the private sector of the country’s insurance companies. HDFC ERGO is considered one of the best and most valuable insurance companies in the business.
Quick response to customer needs is a key feature of the company’s services. The company is headquartered in Mumbai in 101 cities in India. HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited has approx 127 branches.
Contact Information HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
Call – 022 – 62346234
Car Insurance Benefits :
- Car insurance protects you from major financial losses in the event of an accident or injury.
- Having insurance is very beneficial for survivors in the event of death or serious injury.
- Car the insurance covers all repair costs and damage caused by accidents and collisions.
- Costs of litigation and litigation costs in accidents are also covered by insurance.
- Enjoy stress-free driving and car insurance.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Questions :
What is car insurance? Why trust HDFC ERGO?
Car insurance is an agreement between you and the insurance company. This protects you from financial loss in the event of an accident or personal injury as a result of a collision. In addition, the presence of car insurance provides financial protection against theft or damage to vehicles.
HDFC ERGO is the brand you can count on. Not surprisingly, the company has 100 million customers. Car insurance is an agreement between you and the insurance company. This protects you from financial loss in the event of an accident or personal injury as a result of a collision.
In addition, the presence of auto insurance provides financial protection to protect vehicles from theft or damage. HDFC ERGO is the brand you can count on. Not surprisingly, the company has 100 million customers.
Do you need car insurance?
In India, if you want to drive on the roads, you must have car insurance. Third-party insurance should be a liability.
HDFC ERGO – Which company covers different types of cars?
In accordance with the Motor Vehicle Act, every vehicle on Indian roads must be provided with at least civil liability insurance. HDFC ERGO offers scalable and sophisticated insurance coverage plans for new and used vehicles.
Does HDFC ERGO have various insurance policies?
In general, there are two types of insurance policies to choose from. Third-party liability policy and comprehensive insurance policy
What is the cost of an HDFC ERGO car insurance policy?
The company does not repair every small damage. HDFC ERGO does not apply to such things as electrical breakdowns, wear, wear, damage from collisions caused by alcohol or man-made disasters.
- Benefits of zero coating wear.
- Access to roadside assistance.
- Provide emergency assistance.
- Protective cover for gearbox and engine.
- A trusted brand that meets the requirements of car insurance.
Each information presented on this site is for informational purposes only. In any case, check the information provided. Nevertheless, we provide our privileged customers with the latest information, which is objective and consistent with the facts. Do your best.
HDFC ERGO Third Party Car Insurance Policy:
A third-party liability policy is the most basic coverage that HDFC ERGO offers to car owners. Third-party car insurance protects you from third party obligations – life and property. This coverage includes legal liability for damage, death, or property damage to a third party by the insured vehicle.
HDFC ERGO also offers you compulsory accident insurance of up to 1.5 million Rupees, which covers third party liability. Third-party liability coverage is cheaper insurance than full coverage and requires a car insurance policy for your car.
Third-Party vs Comprehensive Auto Insurance Policy:
|Coverage||An HDFC ERGO third party policy covers all your liabilities arising out of damages/injuries/death of a third party. The liability for third party property damage is limited to Rs. 7.5 lakh.||An HDFC Comprehensive policy offers coverage for the insured vehicle, in addition to third party liability (third party property damage limited to Rs. 7.5 lakh). It also offers an optional personal accident cover for the policyholder|
|Availability of add-ons||No add-on covers are available with a third party car insurance policy.||A number of add-on covers such as Zero Depreciation NCB Protection, Engine Cover, etc are available with the comprehensive policy.|
|Cost||It is relatively cheaper owing to the basic coverage.||It is relatively expensive as the policyholder gets a wider coverage for his/her insured vehicle.|
HDFC ERGO Third Party Car Insurance Policy Coverage :
A third-party car insurance policy offered by HDFC ERGO includes the following:
- Unlimited liability for compensation in case of injury/death of a third party by the insured vehicle. The amount of compensation is determined by the Supreme Court.
- Compensation of up to Rs 7.5 rupees for damage to property of a third party.
- For policyholder Accident insurance 15 rupees (optional)
HDFC ERGO Third Party Car Insurance Policy does not apply to the following:
- Physical injury to police holders.
- Damage/loss to the insured car.
- Contractual obligations
HDFC ERGO Third Party Car Insurance FAQs :
Should HDFC ERGO purchase third-party accident insurance coverage?
Accident insurance (PA) up to 1.5 million Rupees is a prerequisite for all car owners. However, car owners have the opportunity to choose a car insurance policy or separately. This means that if you already have someone from another car insurance company, you can leave HDFC ERGO insurance coverage.
How much compensation does HDFC ERGO offer in the event of the death of a third party?
HDFC ERGO offers unlimited liability for compensation for the death of a third party due to an insured vehicle. The final amount of compensation is determined by the Supreme Court.
Will I get an exemption from third party HDFC ERGO coated NCBs?
No, an Insurance Bonus (NCB) discount is not available for a third party insurance policy.
I lost my documents for the HDFC ERGO car insurance policy. what should I do?
If you lose your insurance policy document, you can ask the insurance company to provide you with a copy of the document for a nominal fee. To do this, you can contact HDFC ERGO at 022-6234-6234 / 0120-6234-6234 or visit the nearest HDFC ERGO branch.
HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Insurance :
The idea of buying comprehensive car insurance is to protect the car from all sides, to avoid any damage, and also to compensate for both parties involved in the accident.
This means that in addition to covering third party liability, policyholders can also benefit from personal accident coverage in order to protect themselves from financial liability from indirect injuries.
Premiums for comprehensive insurance are higher than those paid for third party liability insurance. However, the benefits far outweigh the benefits of a third party.
This is due to the fact that comprehensive insurance of the car against damages caused by theft, natural disasters, terrorist acts, riots, or attacks of animals or objects is quickly imposed on your car. For extended coverage, you may want to consider choosing an extra cover that covers your accessories, engine protective cover, and zero wear.
Benefits of Comprehensive HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
1) Basic liability coverage to third parties.
2) Attack on a car by bandits or vandalism.
3) Sudden car theft.
4) Damage to car glass or windshield.
5) Attacks by animals or birds.
6) Due to harmful objects such as falling objects, rocket attacks, etc.
7) Fire accidents
8) Waterfalls due to flooding or runoff
9) Damage caused by natural disasters, including hurricanes, hurricanes, hurricanes, hurricanes, etc.
10) Civil uprisings or riots.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance application process
Step 1: Download the application form from the site of the insurance company.
Step 2: Enter the correct and complete data in the claim form.
Step 3: Send the NEFT details in the claim form along with the canceled check.
Step 4. Download the KYC form from the company website (or https://customersupport.hdfcergo.com/DigitalClaimForms/KYC-form-english_ctc.aspx). Fill in the KYC details and provide a copy of any of the KYC documents listed on the claim form for the equivalent of Rs. 1 lakh
Step 5: Submit the KYC form along with the application form to the nearest HDFC branch and wait for the claim amount. This amount will be credited to your account within 14 days from the date of submitting the form.
HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs :
What if I want to switch from third-party insurance coverage to a full insurance policy? Do I need to submit any additional documents?
Easily convert third party liability into a comprehensive car insurance plan. Just go to the nearest branch of our company and provide a copy of the car registration certificate along with a copy of last year’s political document. After receiving the insurance offer, we will send an inspection team to check the condition of your car. After confirming the details, you can purchase comprehensive car insurance.
What is the application procedure for comprehensive car insurance?
For hassle-free complaints, it is important that you contact us as soon as possible. Submit all necessary documents requesting a claim. For immediate complaints, you can log on to our company’s website and register for online claims settlement.
Do I need to buy comprehensive auto insurance?
In accordance with the Law on Vehicles, car owners are required to purchase insurance policies only to third parties. While third-party car insurance protects the car from damage to third parties involved in the accident, a comprehensive insurance policy protects owners and their vehicles from all types of damage.
What losses are not covered by comprehensive auto insurance?
Although comprehensive car insurance was promised, there are other specific costs. This includes:
Tire damage due to daily wear and tear of the car and damage to the car as a result of drunk driving and damage to the car as a result of an accident caused by driving without a driver’s license. Effect. Respect for the price of a car.
Was your car insurance damaged by natural disasters?
Yes, depending on the insurance you purchased. Comprehensive car insurance was purchased to avoid all kinds of losses due to floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, storms, torrential rains, etc., which cover people living in areas prone to frequent floods, landslides or earthquakes. Consider purchasing the comprehensive coverage that has the most emergencies.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Add on Covers :
HDFC Ergo General Insurance is one of the leading auto insurers in India. He offers a wide range of extra cash with his car insurance plans. Auto insurance is additional money that can be used to select comprehensive auto insurance plans and autonomous self-damaging auto insurance plans that can expand insurance coverage in exchange for additional premiums.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance – 6 Key Additions to Auto Insurance Policy
The following are additional courses offered by HDFC ERGO General Insurance along with car insurance plans:
- Zero wear of the coating – Depreciation of your car and its parts is a natural occurrence, and by default, the responsibility for paying it rests with you as the owner. However, by choosing to cover this zero depreciation allowance, you can transfer to the insurer the responsibility for covering depreciation expenses. Its cover protects you from wear on the car and its metal and plastic parts, such as 100% tires and batteries, which are not subject to 50% wear. This increase can be used in case of partial damage to your car.
- Tread of the engine and gearbox – This increase helps expand your car’s insurance coverage in case of damage to the engine and gearbox of the car due to water and grease leakage. This increase allows you to avoid repair/replacement costs, as well as labor costs incurred during repair/replacement with re-boring the engine cylinder, compression test, and other processing costs.
- No claim bonus coverage protection – As the policyholder, you receive a claim from the insurance company in the form of a bonus without claims during the validity period of the policy. NCB gives you a discount of 20% to 50%, depending on the number of years without presenting a claim, depending on the insurance premium for an insured event. However, if you submit one application during the policy period, this advantage will be lost. However, if you do not have bonus insurance coverage, you can retain your NCB even after 3 applications during the policy period.
- Luggage cover – Food products use products that are eaten whole after eating or become unsuitable for constant consumption after eating. Such consumables include nuts, bolts, screws, washers, lubricants, coolants, engine, and other oils, air conditioning gases, bearings, battery water, filters, etc. When choosing this add-on, the cost of these useful expenses is borne by the insurance provider. According to this supplement, a claim is resolved during the term of the policy.
- Back to account cover – In the event of the complete loss or theft of your car, the insurance company will provide you with the insurance declaration price of your car (IDV) as compensation. However, this is less than the price of an IDV account, the amount you paid when buying a car. This coverage helps you recover bills in the event of a complete loss or theft of your car. Invoice prices include the previous cost of the showroom, road tax, and the cost of registering your car.
- Emergency Support Housing – This cover provides you with emergency assistance on the road in the event of maneuvering your car due to a mechanical or electrical malfunction and as long as the correction is performed within 60 minutes to the point of instability. You can go. In addition to the repair site, the Ed cover provides the following services:
- Duplicate keys – If your car key is lost or inappropriate, the insurer will arrange for the sending of a duplicate from your residence.
- Lock / lost keys: if you are locked, the insurer will come to your aid. If necessary, the insurer will also park your car in the nearest safe place.
- Battery Jumpstart: If your car does not start due to a low battery, a battery start will be arranged.
- Tire replacement: If your car has a puncture or a flat tire, the insurer will replace it with a spare tire in your car. In cases where spare tires cannot be used, the insurer will either tie the car to the nearest tire repair shop or take you back to the tire repair shop.
- Fuel delivery: if your car runs out of fuel, the insurer will provide up to 5 liters of fuel (only gasoline or diesel). However, the cost of fuel will be paid by you.
- Emptying the fuel tank: if the fuel tank of your car is filled with the wrong fuel, the insurance company will use the equipment to cover the cost of emptying it.
- Turn and remove the car. In this case, your car moves due to a malfunction or accident, and on-site repair is not possible, the insurer will connect your car and deliver it to the nearest workshop or garage.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Zero Depreciation
It hurts when your insurance company pays a claim for the breakdown of your car. Nevertheless, the choice of coverage for zero depreciation guarantees that your insurer provides you with the full amount of coverage, that is, full coverage for all parts of your car, thereby reducing the amount of depreciation. There will be a decline.
This means that if your car breaks down for any specific reason, including a car accident, the insurance company will pay the full price of your car. It does not apply to engine damage caused by oil spills or water leaks. In addition, you can buy this cover only if your car has not reached the age of five. Insurance premiums are higher, which means policyholders must pay more than the standard premium rate and 15-20% more.
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Zero Depreciation
Paying extra for zero depreciation cover helps, some benefits of zero depreciation are:
- People who drive new cars are at greater risk of damage or wear while driving. Covering this ensures that the insured will receive full coverage, the car will be paid initially.
- Subsequent damage to the entire coating of luxury cars may be claimed.
- People living in affected areas should consider purchasing this coverage to ensure financial security against any kind of damage.
- The cost of repair or replacement of spare parts is determined regardless of the wear rate.
Factors affecting Zero Depreciation
There are a few things to keep in mind before covering zero wear.
- You can buy coverage with zero depreciation only if your car is no more than five years old.
- In the case of basic insurance for a car with zero depreciation, only the residual price of auto parts can be changed.
- Damage to car batteries or other parts can also be repaired. However, coverage is limited since car batteries are subject to a 50% reduction in depreciation, while other parts of the car made of plastic, rubber, or nylon can be deducted by 30%.
- To find the benefits of zero depreciation coverage, higher premiums must be paid. Therefore, you should consider buying only when you are ready to pay a higher premium.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Zero Depreciation FAQ
What factors affect the premium accrued to cover a zero reduction?
The premium charged to cover zero depreciation is 15-20% higher than standard premium rates. The insurance company calculates additional premiums based on accounting factors.
- Vehicle age
- Car model
- Your car registration area
Is the claim settlement process different from a zero depreciation insurance policy? What limit on the number of claims can be claimed?
Zero-depreciation coverage usually buys new drivers who have not yet mastered their driving skills. However, its coverage is based on the concept of depreciation, which is deducted from the amount of coverage.
It is important to note that amortization on any car is calculated only once a year, while new drivers are at risk of numerous accidents during the first year. In order to eliminate the numerous claims filed by the insurer, the insurance company allows you to reduce the number of claims to zero only once a year.
Can I get zero depreciation coverage if my car is more than five years old?
Many insurance companies are reluctant to allow zero insurance cuts after five years. However, you can consider getting approval from the insurance company before paying for this coverage. After looking at the history of your claims or paying an additional premium to the insurance company for customer loyalty, you can take advantage of this insurance.
Is the cap with zero wear different from the standard cap that you can buy?
The biggest difference is the amount of insurance coverage agreed between the insurance company and the insurer. In accordance with the standard comprehensive insurance coverage, the insurance company agrees to establish the amount of insurance coverage based on the price of the insured vehicle declaration. Zero depreciation coverage means that the insurance company must pay full coverage regardless of the amount of depreciation.
When should you buy coverage with zero depreciation?
You should buy this cover if:
- You drive a new car
- You have an expensive luxury car
- You live in densely populated areas subject to accidents
- If you have expensive parts in your car
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim :
If you have a car, you should buy car insurance. The idea of buying this insurance is to provide protection against potential losses due to theft or accident. However, buying an insurance policy is useless if you do not know how to find a claim. Most insurance companies in India have the same claims process, although it is important that you understand the claims process that you purchased with your insurance policy.
Many people prefer to buy car insurance with an insurance company that offers non-cash claims.
A few steps to the cashless settlement include:
1. Immediately after an accident from an insurance company. Report later
2. The insurance company delivers the car to the network garage for a thorough inspection
3. Network garage certification gives the insurance company an assessment
4. The vehicle is being repaired at a service station, and the relevant invoices are submitted to insurers.
5. After confirmation of confirmation, the insurer begins the process of processing the claim
6. The price is charged to the policyholder, which leads to depreciation and deductions.
7. The Insurer pays directly to the garage network
How to apply for HDFC ERGO car insurance reimbursement?
You can choose to pay a non-cash claim or get the claim amount credited to your account. Follow these steps to pay your insurance claim.
1. Register your claim by calling the insurance company for a toll-free number or sending information by e-mail to the number indicated on the website.
2. The insurance company provides the policyholder with a registration number for future correspondence
3. Take the damaged car to the nearest garage for repair.
4. Submit the necessary documents for verification
5. After confirming the provided data, the insurance company begins the process of payment of the claim and pays the amount of the claim.
The necessary documents are required for non-cash and payment requirements.
For unhindered and hassle-free car insurance, the policyholder must provide the following documents.
1) The claim form was downloaded from the insurer’s website and signed by the insured
2) Copy of vehicle registration certificate (RC) with original keys
3) A copy of the driving license of the policyholder
4) Original insurance policy
5) The original FIR in case of theft
6) Verification of identity, including the PAN card of the insured person and a copy of the driver’s license (DL)
Claim Rejection Reasons :
Buying an insurance policy does not guarantee that your claim will not be rejected. In fact, there can be many reasons why your insurer may reject your claim. These may include:
- Your insurance policy expired during an accident
- Unnecessary delay in the accident insurance company notification
- You do not have a valid driver license
- You were driving after drunk or taken drugs
- You used the car for illegal actions
- You did not contact the insurance company before any repairs
- You purchased a policy in a false name
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim FAQs :
How do I get a stolen car?
- Enter FIR
- Tell your insurers about theft
- Wait for the policy to issue the final “anonymous report”.
- Submit to the insurer your lost car registration certificate with a letter of subrogation
Under what conditions does your insurer resolve a partial claim?
The insurer may not be aware of the full value of your claim. This is because damage to your car may differ from the rating of the insurance company. In addition, the settlement of claims is governed by the terms of each insurer. As a result, the insurer does not reject the claim directly, but only respects the part of the claim that you submitted to the company.
What important considerations will be taken into account to ensure a seamless settlement of claims?
The claims settlement process was ensured in the light of the following conditions.
- Always keep a copy of insurance documents in your car.
- Do not drink while driving
- Do not overdo the rules of the road
- Know your inclusion policy and cost
What documents need to be stored in the car when visiting public places?
When visiting public places, always keep the following documents with you:
- Copy of your insurance policy
- Copy of your vehicle registration certificate
- Copy of your driver’s license
- Controlled Pollution Certificate (PUC)
What should not be done when applying for HDFC ERGO car insurance?
Accidental damage can spoil the driving pleasure. However, you should be aware of “reprimands” when applying for car insurance. This includes:
- Do not move your car from the crash site.
- Do not keep secret any details about this accident.
- Do not negotiate with a third party without notifying the insurance company
- Do not sign final claims settlement documents without first reading your policy.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Cashless Garages in India :
Enjoy instant cashless claims in your favorite garages. The company has approx 6408 authorized garages throughout the country. HDFC Ergo offers a non-cash garage service for customers who sign up for car insurance policies with the company. Only the best quality service is provided.
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Renewal :
A car insurance policy usually requires an annual renewal. However, for owners of new cars, the duration of the first insurance policy must be at least 3 years. HDFC ERGO offers a complete update of your car insurance policies without the hassle, which allows you to immediately renew your policy. You can extend your insurance policy both online and offline.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance – Online Process
Step 1 – Visit the car insurance renewal page: visit the HDFC ERGO website, go to the Motor Online Policy Update page, and enter your policy number / mobile number/email id.
Step 2. View policy details. After entering the policy number, you will be taken to the “View policy details” page. Confirm your policy and start paying for renewals.
Step 3 – Payment. Confirm these policies and complete the payment, which can be done with a debit/credit card or through online banking.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance – Offline Process
To disable your car insurance policy with HDFC ERGO, you can call 022-6234-6234 / 0120-6234-6234 or contact the nearest HDFC ERGO. You can visit the GO branch.
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Renewal
Updating a car insurance policy provides many benefits:
- Cost of protection after an accident.
- Coverage of damage to the insured car.
- Cover the physical damage of the policyholder (if accident protection is selected).
- 24 * 7 customer service
- Nightly car repair services.
- Cashless payments for more than 6800 network garages.
- NCB exemption for years without claims.
- Get instant e-politics.
- Up to 1,500 rupees / – was paid along with towing costs (on the cover of the announcement).
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Renewal FAQs :
Is there a long-term coverage policy through HDFC ERGO, so I don’t need an annual update?
Yes, HDFC ERGO offers new car owners a long-term comprehensive car insurance policy in which the first update must be made at least 3 years later, followed by an annual update.
What documents do I need to extend my HDFC ERGO car insurance policy?
No documents are required to renew your HDFC ERGO Car insurance policy. Simply enter your policy number and pay the renewal fee to renew your coverage.
What if I miss the policy renewal deadline?
If you missed the deadline for the extension of the policy, the insurer will extend your policy after checking your car.
I forgot my policy number. Is there any other way to extend the coverage of my HDFC ERGO Car Insurance policy?
You can check your policy documentation or contact the HDFC ERGO customer service department for a policy number. In addition, you can use your registered mobile phone number or email address to update your policy.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Premium Calculator :
What is Car Insurance Premium Calculator?
A car insurance premium calculator is an online tool that tells you the right insurance premium amount for your car. The calculator takes into account the details related to your car like its make, model variant, and fuel type and instantly gives you the premium amount which you should be paying for its insurance plan. The premium calculator also incorporates the No Claim Bonus, if applicable, to the premium amount of your car insurance plan.
How to Use Car Insurance Premium Calculator?
Step 1: Choose your Car’s Make, Model, Variant, and Fuel Type.
Step 2: Select the Car’s Registered City. Also, select the car’s Year of Purchase.
Step 3: Tell us if you are eligible for a No Claim Bonus.
Step 4: Click on ‘Calculate’ and you are done. The correct IDV and car insurance premium amount will be displayed to you.
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Premium Calculator
- (IDV) of your car. IDV is the market price of your car. It is the amount which you get as compensation in case of theft of your car and in cases in which the car has got more than 75% damaged (total loss).
- Correct Premium – The premium calculator helps you know the correct premium amount for the insurance plan of your car.
- Helps you Make an Informed Decision – The knowledge of right IDV and premium amount helps you make an informed decision.
- Helps You Choose the Right Plan: By knowing the right IDV and insurance premium amount of your car, you can easily compare all the available insurance plans and choose the one which suits your requirements and budget in the best manner.
Third Party HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Premium Rates :
|Engine Capacity||Premium To Buy A New Policy (3-Year Plan)||Premium To Renew Existing Policy (1-Year Plan)|
|Under 1,000 cc||Rs. 5,268||Rs. 2,072|
|Between 1,000 cc and 1,500 cc||Rs. 9,534||Rs. 3,221|
|Above 1,500 cc||Rs. 24,305||Rs. 7,890|
The premium for Comprehensive and Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Plans :
The premium amount for comprehensive and standalone own-damage car insurance plans depends on a number of factors like the make, model, variant, fuel type of your car, the car’s engine capacity, etc. The Premium Calculator factors in all these factors and tells you the premium amount for your car in just minutes.